Students, teachers, and parents use Canvas to track and manage class assignments, schedules, feedback and materials.
The Canvas Learning Management System is a comprehensive and flexible e-learning platform. Canvas enables instructors to provide students access to course materials, communication tools, online assessments and grades, as well as the ability to submit assignments electronically.
As part of the weLearn 1:1 initiative, many teachers are using the Canvas learning management system to organize digital resources, events, assignments and announcements for their students in grade three through 12. We are excited to announce that Canvas Parent will now be available for you to access in Canvas as well.
Canvas Parent allows you to engage in your children’s education:
- View your child’s courses.
- View details for past and upcoming class assignments and events.
- Receive notifications and alerts about your child’s activity in Canvas.
- View your child’s grades in Canvas. These grades only represent assignments that have been graded within Canvas. Official grades will still be available in Skyward.
Check with your child’s teacher to determine specifically how Canvas is being used in their class.
Students may have access to the course syllabus, assignments, discussions, files and more.
- View grades and course content
- Submit assignments
- Keep track of course work with to do list and calendar
- Send and receive messages
- Post to discussions
- Watch videos
- Take quizzes
- Receive push notifications for new grades and course updates, and much more!